Descripción del puestoResponsibilities for this position:
- Understand and apply accounting fundamentals and principles to account for operational activities.
- Analyze financial information, select and gather data, and recommend or determine a course of action
- Analyze and reconcile accounts. Prepare income and balance sheet variance explanations.
- Execute closing and reporting activities.
- Identify and initiate work process improvements.
- Use sophisticated software and other technology, including JDE, SAP, Hyperion and the Microsoft® Office suite
- Commitment to achieve and maintain cohesive working relationships with internal partners and external customers
RequisitosRequired Experience and Qualifications:
- Finance or accounting degree with at least 4 years of finance or accounting work experience.
- Advanced English level. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to complete an English assessment test.
- Ability to listen carefully and use clear, concise oral and written skills to convey facts, present positions, and interpret policies.
- Relevant finance or accounting work experience (e.g. accounts payables, accounts reconciliation, inventory, fixed assets, general ledger, intercompany, exchange accounting, credits and receivables, SOX regulations, internal controls, Audit, Tax, Treasury).
- Enjoy working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Display initiative and leadership, handling multiple job responsibilities, setting priorities, maintaining a high level of accomplishment, and implementing improvements to processes.
- Have the highest level of integrity and demonstrate commitment to uphold Chevron’s values and standards.
BeneficiosWhat You'll Do: Chevron offers opportunities to support our operating companies around the world. The BASSC team provides support to all Chevron business segments – Upstream, Midstream, and Downstream. As your career with Chevron progresses, you will have the opportunity to work in multiple groups. Your initial responsibilities will depend on which division you join, but may include:
- Capital budgeting and cost analysis
- Corporate or operating company-specific accounting and regulatory reporting
- Financial forecasting, analysis, and reporting
- Finance/accounting counsel and consulting
- Internal controls/compliance
- Liaise with other finance divisions
- Tracking accountability/scorecard metrics
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and reporting
- Corporate and Excise Tax